Our surroundings would not be what they are without the use of performance chemicals.
SEPTON Series produced by Kuraray Co., Ltd., Japan
This kind of polymer is called styrenic thermoplastic elastomers or styrenic block copolymers because it exhibits rubber- like properties since polystyrene blocks act as physical crosslink points below the glass transition temperature (Tg), while it flows and is processable over Tg.
For cable gel manufacturing, the SEPTON range is preferred thermoplastic because
1. Easy mixing and handling
2. Excellent clarity
3. Excellent compatibility with mineral oils
4. FDA coverage on most of the grades
5. Can be made into products ranging from rubbery to gel to thixotropic grease
6. can be made tacky and non-tacky
7. can be cross linked to give thermoset gels
SEPTON Grades : View PDF